Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pear Cake


This cake is what sparked the idea of Freshly Baked Sweets.  I have to thank Sarah, over at Prairies on Petals, because this is where I first found the recipe.  I've made some tweaks to make it my own and now it is all my family and friends ever ask me for.

The first time I made it was for my fellow coworkers during Teach Appreciation Week.  Then I made it for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  It again made an appearance for my Aunt's family gathering, and once again for Father's Day.  Each and every time the cake is devoured within 10 minutes of cutting.

The recipe for this cake is the one most sought after by my family and friends, and now, I finally present it to you!



Ingredients & Directions

4 pears - peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup + 3tbsp. sugar
4 eggs
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
Handful of slivered or slice almonds (I ran out of almonds, so I used hazelnuts today)

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Lightly butter a cake pan (9" pan) and arrange your pears on the bottom

Step 3: Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl

Step 4: Beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy

Step 5: Gradually add your dry ingredients, then the melted butter.

Step 6: Pour the batter over the pears, sprinkle the almonds on top, and bake for 40 minutes.

Step 7: Once cooled, dust some confectioner's sugar on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment