Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lemon Mousse Tart


Every year, on Thanksgiving Day, my husband and I go over to my aunt's house.  All of those that I love gather around the table, plates full to the brim, and we say grace.  We thank the Lord above for each other, the food on our plates, our health, and we ask God to continue blessing us with His love.  In addition to all this, I thank Him for my ability to bake and how much I have learned and continue to learn.

This year, for Thanksgiving, I made my first tart.  As I made it I prayed that it would turn out well.  He heard my prayers.  This tart was a huge hit!  Unfortunately there was none left for us to bring home.  I guess I'll just have to make another one soon.

Now, onto the recipe.

The first thing you must do is make the lemon curd the day before.  Here is the lemon mousse recipe.  I used this mousse to make a crepe cake for my best friend's birthday last year.

The next day is crust and assembly day.

Shortbread Crust Ingredients
  • 2 sticks salted butter
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Shortbread Directions & Tart Assembly
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Using the paddle attachment (or a bowl and wooden spoon) mix the butter, flour, and powdered sugar until well combined.
  3. Press and form the dough in a tart pan.
  4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
  5. Let it completely cool.
  6. Once cooled, put the pan on a can to remove the tart ring.
  7. Fill the tart with the lemon mousse and top it off with fresh raspberries, blueberries, and lemon zest.


I had some left over pie dough and lemon mousse, and since I knew there were going to be children at our Thanksgiving lunch, I made a few mini tarts for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment